Tribute: In Remembrance of Dad 10

連結 (link): 中文版 緬懷李老師 10
2019.06.18 At the Los Angeles Arboretum, California

Although Dad is a math teacher, he graduated with a BS in Education degree. So he also cared about education and counseling. I saw a note about education. Education should focus on inspiration. Knowledge is based on deep cultivation. (The following sentences were translated by meaning not word by word). You are likely to be like someone who you are close to. Inspire people to emulate the virtuous. Nearing nature more to inspire personal interest, cultivate strong interest, and stimulate learning ability. Only in a warm and harmonious family environment can a positive development of personality. Filial piety, faithfulness, and universal love. No indiscriminate Wrath. Teach and guide untiringly.

Dad used to say he did not know how to pray or didn’t understand the Bible. But, as I sorted out his drawer and I noticed that he took a lot of spiritual notes in neat handwriting. I have included some of his notes in my blog in the hope of encouraging some readers. I told my dad about it when he was sick. I hoped he understood and I also hoped he would be happy that his notes might be helpful to some people. (Note: I'll repost them in this blog at later time.)

When I was sorting out my dad’s things and I saw interesting words or photos, I would take pictures for records. Today I suddenly noticed this note written in 2015 in my photo album. Only then I learned that he set up a Bible study fellowship group when he served as the president of the Huaisheng Middle School Teacher Retirement Association. This aspect is not the dad that I am familiar with. Not to mention that he found Glorypress.com to subscribe to “Reading the Bible in Two Years” (Day Unto Day) because a pastor prophesied that he could read the Bible proficiently. Then continue to subscribe to the “Daily Bible Study for God’s Promise in Waiting” for the morning prayer meetings. And every three months I would receive a book from my dad that he mailed via overseas mail to me. Regarding this matter, he was always very low-key, and he never emphasized the reason why he found this publishing house. Looking back now, in the past few years I read these books just for the formality without seriously studying these books with him. I feel regretful. From the third point of this note, we can see his serious attitude towards reading these books. “Waiting,” he said, is a very important truth in the Bible, but it’s also something that Christians often ignore. “Waiting” is a lesson that the Lord’s children must experience and practice in the process from salvation to victory and sanctification. …

Notes written by Dad in 2015

Here are some words I saw written in 2019 and 2021 to share with you. 2019.02.04 “This is how I will praise you when I am alive. I will raise my hands in your name. I will remember you in my bed, and I will meditate on you during the night.” 2019.05.06 Seven results of knowing God: (1) You will have peace, and blessings will come to you. (2) You will be established, that is, you will be established in the spirit. That is, your new life will be established. (3) The Almighty shall be your gold and your silver. Gold refers to God’s disposition, and silver refers to Christ’s redemption. (4) Pray to Him, and God will make it happen for you. (5) Light will shine on your way. (6) You will be exalted, not in the world, but in God. (7) You will be delivered. In the morning prayer of 2021, we often recite the Lord’s Prayer. Dad wrote something regarding the Lord’s Prayer on 2021.06.26: (1) Thank Him and praise Him. (2) Pray for one another as needed. (3) Gospel transformation.

Notes from 2019.02.04 and 2019.05.06

I have mentioned that Dad is very sensitive to numbers. Without special planning, surprisingly I wrote 10 commemorative posts regarding him. Let this 10th post be the end and mark it as the “perfect 10”. If I have inspiration or think of a special topic in the future, I’ll write it then.

When Dad visited us in California in 2019, it was rare to be able to celebrate Father’s Day for him. I made a special Father’s Day card.

Other Related Posts 其他相關的帖子

XYZ/Inspirational Posts 其它雜類或勵志帖子