Tribute: In Remembrance of Dad 2

連結 (link): 中文版 緬懷李老師 2
2019.05.10 at the Old Town Monrovia Night Market, California (with Mark Twain statue)

During the pandemic, it was difficult to find caregivers for the hospital stay or in general. My brother volunteered to stay in the hospital to take care of dad for 28 days (7×24) straight. We were able to know the health conditions and progress of dad in detail. We stayed online for a long time, accompanied each other and discussed countermeasures and strategies every day. I saw my brother’s tender love and care toward my dad. I thanked him for his care and caring for dad. 28 days later, God also arranged good caregivers for us in a timely manner. The previous Zijuan and the last Chen Xiaozu provided good care for Dad. Mr. Chen often conducted video chats with us almost every day or sent photos and videos so that we could know Dad’s progress which can give us some peace of mind as well as in talking to Dad to soothe Dad’s lonely heart or inspire his hard work and progress in recovery. In the end when dad was infected with COVID by a patient in the next hospital bed, Mr. Chen was willing to continue to take care of dad regardless of his own safety. We are grateful for his dedication and thank God for His mercy and grace once again.

2021.07.17 Instructions for visiting patients posted by Taiwan CDC. It does not allow to visit the patient in the hospital; Only one family/person allowed to stay in the hospital to take care patient; If family need to change a care-giver staying in the hospital, PCR test is required and you must pay for PCR test each time.
2021.07.22 A passage I saw. "There is nothing wrong with God's dealings, and you will soon see His good will." Although I can’t understand it, I firmly believe that God is speaking to me.
2021.07.21 My younger brother stayed in the hospital to take care dad — he is attentive, considerate and loving.
2021.07.28 — My younger brother took a sunset picture in the hospital ward. He drew a cross on the window. He felt that the sky was open and he saw angels praying.
2022.01.28 Dad tried hard and worked hard to rehab with the help of Mr. Chen Xiaozu.
2022.02.22 hospital transfer day, we were listening hymn Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.... I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”.

In the last hour of dad’s life, his children and grandchildren, no matter where or when, had the opportunity to accompany father/grandfather/in-law online for a while to express love and appreciation, isn’t it a grace from God? I often wonder if everything is going well for us, do we have a chance to experience the grace of God? I don’t want to ask God to impose difficulties on me, but after experiencing grace over and over again, my faith in God has strengthened and increased. If I encounter any difficulties in the future, I know I will not be afraid because I believe and experience this amazing God who I can trust and knowing He will guide me through all the difficulties. It hurts to see Dad suffering but Ecclesiastes 3:1-14 is so thought-provoking.

Here is Ecclesiastes 3:1-14
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

I also have a deep appreciation of this passage which I saw on my dad’s desk. I would like to share it with you: (Here is the hymn link for this poem, you might enjoy it. God is amazing. This link is compiled by the church group that I used to meet.).

God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through;
God hath not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.
But God hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

(To be continued …)

Other Related Posts 其他相關的帖子

XYZ/Inspirational Posts 其它雜類或勵志帖子