Behavior or Personality, Learned or Inherited?

連結 (link): 中文版 行為及人格是後天學習還是先天遺傳?

Are behaviors and personalities learned? Or are they genetically formed? In fact, I haven’t studied or researched them yet. If I had read some related theories before, I would have forgotten all about them. Therefore, I don’t know what the answer is. It’s just that this question popped up when I was interacting with my sister a few days ago. I thought it was very interesting and wanted to write it down. My sister said that she was more wasteful. I grinned and said that she knew herself well. Then she said that she occasionally debated with dad, because dad often washed and piled up the paper bowls or boxes of take-out food, which could be used for kitchen waste then thrown away. But my sister can’t stand to save garbage (paper bowls etc.). I laughed and said that I also put food scraps in paper bowls or boxes of takeout as garbage, but I don’t stock them up. My sister said she also observed my similar behavior when I was in Taiwan. I am thinking that I don’t live in Taiwan for quite a while, I don’t know about my father’s habits, and there weren’t recycling food scraps 40 years ago. So how could I have the same behavior? My sister often observed my dad’s behaviors but her and my dad’s thinking/behaviors were very different. Then, are these behaviors inherited when we were born? Or the personality is formed generically, and personality influences behavior? I know I am very similar to Dad in many ways (just I am not good at certain things). For example, I organized the documents like him. We have certain logic in it. So I can easily find Dad’s stuff after I figure out his logic. This is different from my sister. Some people solved problems by logical analysis. Some people use their senses and intuition to determine their directions. Of course, many people are in between. Some people near this end and some people more or less on the other end. It is not a question of which one is better. Just like the four children in our family, we seem to have different shades in the palette of our parents. Some are more of my father’s color and some are more like my mother’s color. Coupled with the experiences after growing up and leaving home, we mixed with different colors. Now the four of us have our own temperament and ideas. As the Chinese saying goes “One kind of rice can raise hundreds of different types of people”, and there are many differences in ideas and practices. Therefore, when we disagree with others or deal with things differently, we should think about the other party’s point of view from the perspective of empathy, and then discuss, negotiate, or compromise to achieve a consensus.

XYZ/Inspirational Posts 其它雜類或勵志帖子