Prose 生活隨筆: Reset 清零/重置

(This post was published on my old blog on June 25, 2020.)
(這篇貼文在 2020 年 6 月 25 日發表於我的舊部落格。)

This is another COVID-19 inspired piece. I saw some people around me dealing with the pandemic with great anxieties. It is like when we deal with computer or electronic devices issues, sometimes we have to hit the reset button to get it fixed. We need to power the device down for a couple seconds then turn it back on in order to repair operating system problems. A good night’s sleep is our reset button to escape from worry and anxiety. These verses give me peace of mind and help me with a good night’s sleep.

Psalm 127:1-2
Except the Lord build the house,
they labor in vain that build it.
Except the Lord keep the city,
the watchman waketh but in vain.
It is vain for you to rise up early,
to sit up late,
to eat the bread of sorrows;
for so He giveth His beloved sleep.
詩篇 127:1-2
若不是耶和華建造房屋,
建造的人就枉然勞力;
若不是耶和華看守城池,
看守的人就枉然警醒。
你們清晨早起,夜晚安歇,
吃勞碌得來的飯,本是枉然;
惟有耶和華所親愛的,
必叫他安然睡覺。
Psalm 4:8
I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep;
for Thou Lord only,
makest me dwell in safety.
詩篇 4:8
我必安然躺下睡覺,
因為獨有你─
耶和華使我安然居住。

這是另一篇與COVID-19有感而發的作品。 在我周遭我知道有些人在面對這疫情感到極度的焦慮。讓我想到就像有時候我們在處理電腦或電子產品的問題時,關機可能是一個解決的步驟。睡覺就像是讓我們關機來減緩擔憂及緊張的困擾。而神的話是個定心劑,助我好眠。

XYZ/Inspirational Posts 其它雜類或勵志帖子